Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What is God's plan for my Life?

Psalm 139:13-16 
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
  and knit me together in my mother's womb.
 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
  Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
  as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
 You saw me before I was born.
  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
  before a single day had passed.

Many times we ask the question, "what is God's calling for my life?"  Then we look for God to "answer" with "Go do....  While the answer to this question is not easy.  I think a lot of times we make it harder than it is.  

First, we have to remember that God made us and He created us for His purposes.  Therefore understanding His will for our life goes hand-in-hand with understanding how He made us.  He created us perfectly and the interests, passions, etc. that he formed in us are the resources that He has given us to fulfill His plan.   

Second, our responsibility is to join Him in the mission and work that He is doing.  Therefore, the answer to the question is the intersection of who we are with what He is doing.   If we will take the time to pray and seek Him we will see the plan that He has for us.  Joining Him there results in tremendous fulfillment and Joy as we serve with Him and see the kingdom advanced.  

May God continue to lead into passionate worship and service to Him,

Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment