Tuesday, September 14, 2010

How Deep Will We Go?

"We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us."
1 Thess. 2:8

I have circled back to this verse again, because the Holy Spirit will just not let it go for me.  What does it me for me to "share my life?"   Jesus did that by dying a physical death for our spiritual freedom.  But, what does that mean for me?  I am sure that this verse speaks to more than just what I do when I am at a worship service or a small group meeting.   God is asking me for something deeper.  To share my life I must not only spend time with others, but be willing to share the things that are important to me... my passions, emotions, values, joys, and pains.  It is only when I go to this level that I truly live out what Paul was describing as he wrote these words.  These are the kind or relationships that I dream of for the Riverbank.  A place where our Love for Christ, Family and Community results in us truly being able to experience the sharing of our lives.  

I weep as I write these words as God is doing something deep in me.  

May our amazing God do more than I can ask or dream!

Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment