Monday, September 27, 2010

God is at Work

Good rainy morning,
Very excited to see the rain falling to water my grass. God does a much better job of that than me. This morning I am excited to share a testimony from David that I think you will find encouraging. Also, here is a summary of the upcoming October schedule.

Oct. 3 10AM My Liscensing as part of the morning worship service at Cornerstone of Augusta. We will plan to go as a family out for lunch at Golden Corrall in W'boro after the service and would love to have you join us there.

Oct 10, 17, 24 We will gather at the Riverbank 4-6PM... we just don't know where the will be. Some weeks that will be a corporate gathering and some weeks we will break into small groups. David & Mari will be leading the small group for the kids, John & Katrina will be leading the small group for the teens, and John and Susie will be leading the small group for the adults.

Oct 31st We will be holding an outreach to the "trick-or-treaters" that gather in Lovingston. Jeff and Melody will be heading that up.

Testimony

It is an exciting time for our family as we have been moving forward with meeting here in Nelson after traveling over to the Augusta church for the past 7 years. It is an answer to our prayers to see a “life giving” church here in our community where we can reach out to family and friends.
On a more personal note God opened a door for me to make a career change this past August. As a result of this move I am more free to serve on the ministry leadership team with John Shimp and Pastor Brian. Also, in the new job I have more opportunities to share with a different circle of friends and co-workers about Riverbank.
Seeing God move in the lives of my brother and his family as they have been participating in the classes we’ve held over the past month at Riverbank has been a wonderful experience. Watching Riverbank become a reality reminds me of the promise God gave me over 15 years ago that my wife and I would be a part of establishing a Spirit-filled church in our community. I know that God is laying a foundation with core group of people who now make up Riverbank in order to reach the families and community which are “Nelson”.

By David Johnson

Be Blessed,

Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment