Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"State of the Union Address"

Good Morning Riverbank,

As the new year approaches I am excited about what 2011 holds for us here at Riverbank.  This week I have been seeking God and preparing to share vision and direction for this upcoming year on Sunday in my "State of the Union" address.  Like I mentioned a few weeks ago that usually means that half of the crowd claps for everything and the other half scowls at everything.  I hope you guys will be encouraged and clap.   

Remember that our gathering moves to Sunday morning this week.  Welcome and Social time will begin with coffee and refreshments at 9:30 with worship following at 10.  I really encourage you to get there at 9:30 and spend that time building relationships with each other and our guests.  

One of my passions for us is that we are always growing in our relationship with God.  Not, just staying immature babies but growing up into mature believers who help others grow.   So what does that look like?  In the following passage of scripture we see that the first thing is to know the Father and have our sins forgiven, but then we grow into young men who can overcome the power of the devil and sin in our lives, and in maturity we know Christ and have become like him.  Here's to lots of growth for all of us this upcoming year.  

I have written to you who are God’s children because you know the Father. I have written to you who are mature in the faith because you know Christ, who existed from the beginning. I have written to you who are young in the faith because you are strong. God’s word lives in your hearts, and you have won your battle with the evil one.  1 Jn 2:14

Have a great week,

Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment