Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Encouragement for Today

Good Morning Riverbank,
This morning I found my bible reading taking me to the book of Jeremiah.  Specifically to the 30th chapter.  Here, Jeremiah is prophesying to the people of Israel hope for God's restoration of their homeland.  The people of Israel had become scattered and taken over by their enemies but Jeremiah was speaking of hope and the day when God would bring his people back and restore to them what had been lost.  

"For the time is coming when I will restore the fortunes of my people of Israel and Judah. I will bring them home to this land that I gave to their ancestors, and they will possess it and live here again.  I, the Lord has spoken." Jeremiah 30:3

As I read this passage what quickened in my heart was that, in the same way, God slowly restored Israel to Jerusalem, so does He want to restore the spiritual life here in Nelson County and to our communities.  He is bringing people back to himself and rebuilding spiritual roots in Nelson.  Many years ago, as we read in the history books of Nelson, our communities used to be strong places of worship.  There were churches in almost every community that were alive and serving the people, a hub of activity.  
However through time and devastation, the enemy has been able to get a foothold.  But no more! We believe that God wants to do a new and fresh work here in our communities.  His desire is to rebuild that which has been lost and what the enemy has stolen. But we have to decide if we are going to be a part of the "rebuilding" that God wants to do here.  Another passage comes to mind.

"The harvest is so great, but the workers are so few.  So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers for His fields."  Matthew 9:37-38 
The thing that struck me about this passage were 2 things: 
1.  I am  not in charge :)  He is in charge of the harvest.  He is in charge of the results.
2.  These are "His Fields" 

Simply put, He calls us to 2 things-  To Work and To Pray.  That's all. I don't have to worry if the people will be there or not. He is simply asking me to show up, to work in the "fields" that he has prepared.  And he is asking me to pray - pray that more workers will come to help for all those he is going to send.  

Now thats exciting people!  :)  

God's moving...are you ready to jump on board?  Are you ready to work and pray? If so, he's got a job for you.  To work with the people he sends, to love them as he would, to see people set free, to bring in the harvest.  

Be blessed today - 

Working in the harvest together!
 ~Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment